SteelSeries is looking for a Software Engineer in Test - Intern to help develop world class gaming products. We are looking for someone that will play an important role in our product development and has a serious passion for gaming, technology, and software development.
Why should you work here:
- Love what you do – With all due respect to the other industries out there, the gaming industry is the best. At the very least, it is the most fun – by definition. If you are interested in consumer electronics, gaming, or anything in between - you will be working with the stuff you love.
- Make an impact - We are a small company, and every voice is heard. We understand that great ideas and important feedback can come from anyone, so if you like being able to make an impact on a daily basis - this is your place. Everyone has chances to see how consumer electronics products are built and what goes into bringing them to market.
What we are looking for in our Software Engineer in Test - Intern:
- A background (either a degree or an education in progress) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Some experience in multiple languages like Ruby, Python, C++, Java, or C#
- Some experience with test automation tools and testing processes
- Technical knowledge of and years of experience working with computers
- Ability to follow directions, learn processes, work independently with efficiency
- A strong sense of ownership with tasks given
- Experience with or knowledge of aspects of testing (bug submission, reproducing issues and documenting workflows, automated regression testing)
Unlike most other Software Engineer in Test positions in the gaming industry, our products aren’t just about software. Since we’re a peripheral manufacturer, you will become familiar with some of the challenges presented with testing on a wide range of levels, from low level firmware to user acceptance.
If you were here the last few months, you would have worked on:
- Challenging problems in testing: automating functional tests across multiple platforms and operating systems, configuration of our build pipelines and continuous integration servers, building and maintaining tests at every level of our applications, from the web down through the firmware of our individual products.
- The development of automated testing utilizing Behavior Driven Development frameworks such as Cucumber or SpecFlow
- Building new testing applications that automate testing device FW (usually in C++)
- Working with our devs, testers, designers, and analysts to build great software
- Manually testing aspects of upcoming products and how they interact with the latest software build
- Act as the second line of support for customer service tickets - tickets that are more technical (software and firmware) related issues
SteelSeries makes high performance gaming gear used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels.
What originally began with two people who recognized the need for superior, high-quality/performance gaming gear that would give gamers a competitive edge, has grown into a global leader in gaming and entertainment gear sought after for their high performance capabilities.
Fast-forward to today, and we’ve come a long way since our first glass mouse pad. We have global offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, providing an integrated portfolio of products designed specifically for gaming.
- You are smart and can get stuff done.
- You are thorough, self-driven, and patient.
- You take pride in what you do and want to be part of that next great product sitting (hopefully) on the shelf at your local Best Buy or Walmart.
- You are accustomed to a small company environment.
- You want a career in software development, computer engineering or something related.
Don’t apply if:
- You require strict organizational structure.
- You don’t like computers.
- You don’t play well with others.
- You generate an unusually high amount of static electricity.
We offer a great work place with people who are passionate about gaming and technology.
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship or relocation/housing compensation at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.